Sunday, March 18, 2018

Welcome to Class!

Hi Everyone,

There are 4 of you in this class this mod... I decided to let it run anyway.

Two years ago, I moved my 3D Design class to a computer environment.  Virtual reality, 3D modeling, rendered designs are all very cutting edge and will serve you well in your life in the future (trust me on this :)

A huge bonus is that Blender.org offers up a state of the art 3D software package for free... forever...

The main competitors are 3D Studio Max and Maya... each RENT for more than $3,000 per year.


Here is one of our projects, Project 12. Organic Sculpture with base

This blog is our class meeting place and here you will post your own projects.  Your grade in the class is based on the visual work you will post here... no tests or quizzes, no assigned reading... just watch my demonstration videos (linked in the upper right and linked in each project description on the syllabus (upper right hand side again.))

My office is in Aquinas Hall, 203, next to the south elevator on the second floor... The best time to work with me is Mon, Tues and Thurs. from 3:45 - 5:30 (M) and 4:15 - 5:30 TTH.  I invite you to visit any time for help or encouragement.

You will post your favorite pieces you'll create right here.  Please watch the video linked in the upper right on How to post to the blog, if you are unsure.

I am looking forward to working with you!



1 comment:

  1. Hello my name is Robin Jordan I'm a senior her at Albertus. I took this class because I thought I was going to be drawing. This is a challenge for me.

    ReplyDelete